List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Read Date:April 27 1999 1:46pm
Subject:Re: MSSQL Triggers ? Does MYSQL have support for triggers ?
View as plain text
Steve Layton wrote:

> I am a developer that is trying to convert a Windows based
> client server software from MSSQL to linux to cut down on
> deployment cost I have that almost the conversion done but
> I have hit two road blocks and was wondering If I could get
> some help.  First one is that the program uses the # character
> as part of a table name, I don't think that this is possible
> in MYSQL and was wondering if that could be cleared up.  The
> other is that this MSSQL database uses triggers to define
> relationships as well

 1. Why doesn't this message have the standard footer?

 2. Most of your questions are answered in the manual
   (check in the standard message footer for details).

 3. The short answer is; No, MySQL doesn't support triggers.
    The longer answer is; It isn't likely to either [check
    the manual for the reasons].

 4. Mysql uses '#' as a comment delimiter so it is NOT a
    legal character for tablenames.

Hope this helps - if not, check the manual - the manual is
you friend.
--

If it ain't opinionated, it ain't Rich Teer.
Thread