List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Oliver Artelt Date:March 15 1999 12:43pm
Subject:Re: Auto-Increment
View as plain text

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, Tauren Mills wrote:

> After reading the manual, I have a question about Auto-Increment...
> The manual says that I can use this query to find out the value of the most
> recent AUTO_INCREMENT field:
> SELECT * FROM tbl_name WHERE auto_col IS NULL
Lock the table before your INSERT and SELECT statement. Another way is to
stamp the rows yourself, e.g. functions related to RPC.

Oliver Artelt                                     Jordanstr.7, 39112 Magdeburg
mailto:oli@stripped                    Tel: 0391-6112827 Fax: 0391-604243
------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         ISP: Wir schaffen Verbindungen!              Die Magdeburger Online-Information

Auto-IncrementTauren Mills15 Mar
  • Re: Auto-IncrementOliver Artelt15 Mar
    • Re: Auto-IncrementMichael Widenius15 Mar