List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:January 18 2000 6:09pm
Subject:Re: LOAD DATA INFILE - produces an error
View as plain text
Note also that you should use LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE for files not in the
database directory.

At 05:50 AM 1/18/00 -0800, sasha@stripped wrote:
>Micah Almond wrote:
>>
>> I am currently converting over from other web databases to MySQL/PHP combo.
>> I am pleased with the results, however, I have dumped some of the data from
>> other tables(and other databases) and now i have tried to import that info
>> which is comma separated in a database.  I have the MySQL Oreilly Book,
>> however......
>>
>> My table that I am trying to dump into has 23 fields, it has a primary key
>> which is auto incremented and a timestamp(12).  When I use this SQL
>> statement
>> (LOAD DATA INFILE '/home/name/filename.csv' INTO TABLE filename FIELDS
>> TERMINATED BY ','  (listing of all fields);)
>> in MySQL to import the comma delimited file I get:
>>
>> "ERROR 13: Can't get stat of '/home/name/filename.csv' (Errcode: 13)"
>>
>> If someone could help me track down this problem it would be great.  Thanks
>> in advance for your time and information.
>>
>> Micah Almond
>> Programmer
>> Virginia Tech - VMRCVM
>> malmond@ vt.edu
>>

>Error 13 is "Permission denied" ( the easiest way to find out what a system
>error means is use Monty's perror utility that comes the MySQL -- I really
think
>something like this should be a part of standard Unix toolset...)
>
>Make sure that your .csv file is readable by the user that MySQL runs as.
>
>--
>Sasha Pachev
>
>+------------------------------------------------------------------+
>| TcX  ____  __     _____   _____  ___     ==  mysql@stripped        |
>|     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sasha Pachev            |
>|    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:sasha@stripped  |
>|   /*/ /*/ /*/\*\/*/  \*\|*|   |*||*|     Provo, Utah, USA        |
>|  /*/     /*/  /*/\*\_/*/ \*\_/*/ |*|____                         |
>|  ^^^^^^^^^^^^/*/^^^^^^^^^^^\*\^^^^^^^^^^^                        |
>|             /*/             \*\ Developers Team                  |

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
LOAD DATA INFILE - produces an errorMicah Almond18 Jan
  • Re: LOAD DATA INFILE - produces an errorsinisa18 Jan
  • Re: LOAD DATA INFILE - produces an errorsasha18 Jan
Re: LOAD DATA INFILE - produces an errorChristopher R. Jones18 Jan