List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Terrence W. Zellers Date:January 18 2000 2:38pm
Subject:Re: Mainframe interface to MySQL
View as plain text

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Colin McKinnon wrote:

> I heard that IBM had a version of Linux that ran on their mainframes - you
> could try that ;)

    Some of my colleagues from my former life tried (and crashed) a
build of MySQL on the mainframe (Linux/s390) this weekend.  I threw in
my two cents (" try --with-low-memory").  They'll be trying through the
coming days/weeks but sooner or later will get it.

    While the Linux 390 stuff is very much *beta* at this stage the
original poster should know that he is within weeks of being able to
write his original data to an SFS which is also mounted to a Linux
virtual machine (if running under VM) from which he should be able
to use all the standard MySQL tools to manipulate the data.

                                              -- TWZ

| Copyright 1999 by Terrence W. Zellers.  All rights explicitly reserved. |
| email: terrence.w.zellers@stripped   www.voicenet.com/~zellert/pub.key |
|   If this were really my signature, you couldn't read it anyway.        |

Mainframe interface to MySQLTed Rolle18 Jan
  • Re: Mainframe interface to MySQLColin McKinnon18 Jan
    • Re: Mainframe interface to MySQLTerrence W. Zellers18 Jan
RE: Mainframe interface to MySQLTed Rolle18 Jan
  • RE: Mainframe interface to MySQLKyle Hayes19 Jan