List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Elliott Date:April 27 1999 4:43am
Subject:Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQL
View as plain text
Also, have a look at threadnet.com.   They look to have everything pretty
current and are very inexpensive.

- John Elliott

----- Original Message -----
From: Kyle Cordes <Kyle@stripped>
To: Bill Rhodes <wrhodes@stripped>
Cc: <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Monday, April 26, 1999 10:00 PM

> > You might want to try Hurricane Electric
> > <http://www.he.net/spaceservices.html>.  Multiple OC-3's (apparently
> > they're litereally down the hall from MAE-West), Linux servers, ssh,
> > gcc, and just about everything else you might need including MySQL.
> > And their service is very low cost.
> >
> > I can't imagine Hurricane not having what you need.  I've been
> > dealing with them for a long time, and I have never had a problem
> > with them.
>
> I looked at them and chose to go elsewhere because I needed
> support for both PHP and MySQL, and the versions they had of each
> were terribly obsolete, and they had no interest in upgrading.
>
> I ended up going with Alabanza (www.alabanza.com) and have found them
> to be easy to work with and economical.  They have PHP 3.0.6 (only
> one step off from current) and MySQL 3.21.x; they said they would
> move up to 3.22.whatever once the 3.22 series was done undergoing
> rapid changes.
>

> [* kyle@stripped       | For Delphi  |  BDE Alternatives Guide  *]
> [* http://www.kylecordes.com | developers: | MIDAS Alternatives Guide *]

Looking for ISP that provides MySQLChristopher R. Jones26 Apr
  • Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQLBill Gerrard26 Apr
  • Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQLBill Rhodes26 Apr
    • Selects with case sensitivityBarry26 Apr
    • Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQLChris Jester27 Apr
    • Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQLKyle Cordes27 Apr
      • Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQLJohn Elliott27 Apr
  • Re: Selects with case sensitivitySasha Pachev27 Apr
    • Re: Selects with case sensitivityThimble Smith27 Apr
      • Problems with BINARY keywordRichard Antecki28 Apr
        • Re: Problems with BINARY keywordFred Read28 Apr
        • Re: Problems with BINARY keywordVladimir Berezniker29 Apr
        • Problems with BINARY keywordMichael Widenius11 May
    • Re: Selects with case sensitivityMartin Ramsch27 Apr
      • Re: Selects with - ThanksBarry27 Apr