List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 17 2000 9:09pm
Subject:Binary Data isn
View as plain text
>>>>> "estartu" == estartu  <estartu@stripped> writes:

estartu> 	I runnig two mysqlserver and use the logfile generated by mysql with
estartu> 	--log-update to update the second (produktion) Server from my local
estartu> 	(development) server. If I use Binary data in some Fields the data
estartu> 	ist log without escaping controll characters, which makes it impossible
estartu> 	to use the log to update the produktion Server.
>> How-To-Repeat:
estartu> 	Insert Binary Data.
>> Fix:
estartu> 	Escape Binary Data befor writing to log.

Hi!

You don't need to escape any other data than the one done by
mysql_escape_string() and described in the MySQL manual.

Note that as MySQL stores in the update log the exact query it
managed to executed before, the above shouldn't be a problem !

Can you send us an example of something that doesn't work for you?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Binary Data isnestartu17 Jan