List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kyle Cordes Date:April 27 1999 5:00am
Subject:Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQL
View as plain text
> You might want to try Hurricane Electric
> <http://www.he.net/spaceservices.html>.  Multiple OC-3's (apparently
> they're litereally down the hall from MAE-West), Linux servers, ssh,
> gcc, and just about everything else you might need including MySQL.
> And their service is very low cost.
>
> I can't imagine Hurricane not having what you need.  I've been
> dealing with them for a long time, and I have never had a problem
> with them.

I looked at them and chose to go elsewhere because I needed
support for both PHP and MySQL, and the versions they had of each
were terribly obsolete, and they had no interest in upgrading.

I ended up going with Alabanza (www.alabanza.com) and have found them
to be easy to work with and economical.  They have PHP 3.0.6 (only
one step off from current) and MySQL 3.21.x; they said they would
move up to 3.22.whatever once the 3.22 series was done undergoing
rapid changes.

[* kyle@stripped       | For Delphi  |  BDE Alternatives Guide  *]
[* http://www.kylecordes.com | developers: | MIDAS Alternatives Guide *]
Thread
Looking for ISP that provides MySQLChristopher R. Jones26 Apr
  • Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQLBill Gerrard26 Apr
  • Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQLBill Rhodes26 Apr
    • Selects with case sensitivityBarry26 Apr
    • Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQLChris Jester27 Apr
    • Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQLKyle Cordes27 Apr
      • Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQLJohn Elliott27 Apr
  • Re: Selects with case sensitivitySasha Pachev27 Apr
    • Re: Selects with case sensitivityThimble Smith27 Apr
      • Problems with BINARY keywordRichard Antecki28 Apr
        • Re: Problems with BINARY keywordFred Read28 Apr
        • Re: Problems with BINARY keywordVladimir Berezniker29 Apr
        • Problems with BINARY keywordMichael Widenius11 May
    • Re: Selects with case sensitivityMartin Ramsch27 Apr
      • Re: Selects with - ThanksBarry27 Apr