List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kyle Cordes Date:April 27 1999 5:00am
Subject:Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQL
View as plain text
> You might want to try Hurricane Electric
> <>.  Multiple OC-3's (apparently
> they're litereally down the hall from MAE-West), Linux servers, ssh,
> gcc, and just about everything else you might need including MySQL.
> And their service is very low cost.
> I can't imagine Hurricane not having what you need.  I've been
> dealing with them for a long time, and I have never had a problem
> with them.

I looked at them and chose to go elsewhere because I needed
support for both PHP and MySQL, and the versions they had of each
were terribly obsolete, and they had no interest in upgrading.

I ended up going with Alabanza ( and have found them
to be easy to work with and economical.  They have PHP 3.0.6 (only
one step off from current) and MySQL 3.21.x; they said they would
move up to 3.22.whatever once the 3.22 series was done undergoing
rapid changes.

[* kyle@stripped       | For Delphi  |  BDE Alternatives Guide  *]
[* | developers: | MIDAS Alternatives Guide *]
Looking for ISP that provides MySQLChristopher R. Jones26 Apr
  • Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQLBill Gerrard26 Apr
  • Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQLBill Rhodes26 Apr
    • Selects with case sensitivityBarry26 Apr
    • Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQLChris Jester27 Apr
    • Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQLKyle Cordes27 Apr
      • Re: Looking for ISP that provides MySQLJohn Elliott27 Apr
  • Re: Selects with case sensitivitySasha Pachev27 Apr
    • Re: Selects with case sensitivityThimble Smith27 Apr
      • Problems with BINARY keywordRichard Antecki28 Apr
        • Re: Problems with BINARY keywordFred Read28 Apr
        • Re: Problems with BINARY keywordVladimir Berezniker29 Apr
        • Problems with BINARY keywordMichael Widenius11 May
    • Re: Selects with case sensitivityMartin Ramsch27 Apr
      • Re: Selects with - ThanksBarry27 Apr