List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 26 1999 11:49pm
Subject:Flush Error 1064
View as plain text
>>>>> "Jean-Francois" == Jean-Francois Duvivier <jf.duvivier@stripped>
> writes:

Jean-Francois> Hi,
Jean-Francois> I install MySQL. I change the root password with this command : UPDATE
user SET Password=PASSWORD('new_password')WHERE user='root';
Jean-Francois> When I want flush (flush privileges;), I receive an error 1064.
Jean-Francois> Do you have any idea of this trouble?

Hi!

(/my/monty/sql) grep 1064 *.h
mysqld_error.h:#define ER_PARSE_ERROR 1064

The above means that your current MySQL version doesn't support the
'flush privileges command.

You have to use 'mysqladmin reload' instead.

Regards,
Monty

You can find information how to do a correct bug report at:
http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_Questions.html#Asking_questions
PLEASE read the above before reposting your question, this will save us all
a lot of time!
Flush Error 1064Jean-Francois Duvivier26 Apr
  • Flush Error 1064Michael Widenius27 Apr
  • Re: Flush Error 1064Jean-Francois Duvivier28 Apr