List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:January 15 2000 8:48pm
Subject:Re: ODBC (?) Error, Write Conflict, in Access
View as plain text
I am trying exactly the same thing (ACCESS 2000 linked to MySQL tables on
the Linux server).  I cannot make any changes to the table, I get the same
error.

I get the same error if I connect to a MySQL database on same NT machine as
Access is running on???

At 01:57 PM 1/15/00 -0600, Gary Lundquest wrote:
>I am using Access (both 97 and 2000) and MyODBC to connect to MySQL on a
>Linux server.  Whenever I edit a field and end up with the same value it had
>before the edit (example: delete a letter and type the same letter back in),
>I get a Write Error.  The complete error message is:
>
>"Write Conflict
>This record has been changed by another user since you started editing it.
>If you save the record you will overwrite the changes the other user made.
>Copying the changes to the clipboard will let you look at the values the
>other user entered and then paste your changes back in if you decide to make
>changes."  (choices)  [copy to clipboard] or [drop changes]
>
>Of course there is no other user or process involved.  I am the only one on
>the network when this happens.  This happens in both Access 97 and Access
>2000.  It happens on forms and in raw table edit mode.  If the edited value
>ends up being different from the original value, it works OK.  But when
>Access senses a change has been made (the Dirty event triggered), and the
>resulting (edited) value is the same as the original, this message ALWAYS
>appears.  I have an auto_increment field that is the primary key (named
>seq), and also a Timestamp field (named Updated) on most of the tables.  I
>cannot trap the error with an ON ERROR - it seems to be coming before the ON
>ERROR statement is reached.  I get the same result on a Windows 98 and a
>Windows 95 machine.  I tried 3 different Linux servers running MySQL, with
>the same result.  One on Red Hat 5.2, one on Red Hat 6.1 (both v3.22.27) on
>my local net, and one at my ISP (don't have its version available).  I am
>using MyODBC 2.50.29.00.
>
>I tried the following options in MyODBC:  Do not optimize Column Width; Pad
>CHAR to full length; Safety
>
>I have tried this in applications, and in test .MDB's made up with just a
>few linked ODBC tables.  Nothing I have tried has made any difference.
>
>HELP!
>Has anyone seen this before?  Any ideas?
>
>-Gary Lundquest
>

>--

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
ODBC (?) Error, Write Conflict, in AccessGary Lundquest15 Jan
  • Re: ODBC (?) Error, Write Conflict, in Accessmiguel angel solórzano16 Jan
  • Re: ODBC (?) Error, Write Conflict, in AccessGary Lundquest19 Jan
  • Re: ODBC (?) Error, Write Conflict, in Accessmiguel angel solórzano19 Jan
  • Re: ODBC (?) Error, Write Conflict, in AccessGary Lundquest19 Jan
  • Re: ODBC (?) Error, Write Conflict, in Accessmiguel angel solórzano19 Jan
Re: ODBC (?) Error, Write Conflict, in AccessChristopher R. Jones15 Jan