List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Giancarlo Bonansea Date:April 26 1999 10:50pm
Subject:RE: Using special characters in foreign languages
View as plain text
Van,

I know that I can write a function to handle this, but the main problem is
that I would need to do more than one search on the database. I can't
predict if the info on the database is with accent or without accent. So I'd
need ot write a function that calculates all the accent possibilities on the
word I passed as an argument, and the do as many queries as needed. This
would be time, cpu, everything consuming!

I would like a feature like MS-SQL Server has. You can set the order and
matching dictionaries. Someone told me that MySQL should has this feature.

Any tip about it?

Thanks,

Giancarlo