List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karl Pielorz Date:March 15 1999 10:36am
Subject:Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(
View as plain text
"Martin B. Jespersen" wrote:

> I am being spammed from aol daily through this list, it simply can't be the idea
> here!

Tell me about it - I've had 4 this morning! - I don't agree on the 'or this
list is useless' - annoying yes, useless not quite :-)

> What about closing this list so only subscribers can mail to it?
>
> There is alot of good input here but if i'll have to take all the spam as well
> i'll rather do without the list. It's really too bad how many mailing lists get
> screwed up by spammers, while the listsadmins sit flat on their butt doing squat
> about it.

OK, I've also noticed the recent changes in the mailing list headers etc. now
obscure the poster, so It's nigh impossible to chase things up (something I
used to do :-) - OK the 'from:' and 'to:' address both say 'something@stripped'
- but that's easily faked...

How about blocking messages that aren't 'to:' the list?

Somethings got to be done... :(

-Kp
Thread
Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Martin B. Jespersen15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Karl Pielorz15 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Robert Hazeltine15 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Dennis15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Dennis15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Karl Pielorz15 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Fred Lindberg15 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Ed Carp15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Martin B. Jespersen16 Mar
    • Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
      • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Thimble Smith16 Mar
        • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
          • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Thimble Smith16 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Micheal Mc Evoy16 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Fred Lindberg16 Mar
Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Ed Carp17 Mar