List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Derick H Siddoway Date:April 26 1999 4:05pm
Subject:Re: rowid
View as plain text
A possible workaround is to include a column in your tables that
indicates whether the row has been "deleted" or not.  Then, rather
than actually deleting the row, you update this column.  Your
autoincrements should then work, and all you have to do is remember
to put "AND deleted = 'N'" in your queries.

Yeah, the tables would get bigger than they otherwise would.  But
this would give you a unique row id.

--
derick