List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Colin McKinnon Date:April 26 1999 2:23pm
Subject:Re: ODBC-WIN32-Developer-Frontend for mysql
View as plain text
At 15:10 26/04/99 +0200, Jochen Dolze <dolze@stripped> wrote:
<snip>
>I've tested MS-Access and i'm able to connect to a Database, but i can
>only "link" whole Tables, instead of create/delete/alter columns.
>Modifiying data is no problem (but only a small part we need).... maybe
>i'm to dumb setting up the right myODBC-options???
>
>So i wonder if there is a ODBC-Developer-Frontend for WIN32 (lookalike
>MS-Access, but with full ODBC-support)??? - We only create tables with no
>references, "reports" or things like that. No "interactive" stuff. Only
>pure database-design.
<snip>
AFAIK ODBC was never designed to accomodate data dictionary modifications.
You can modify the data dictionary by using pass through queries, but (AIR)
you need to re-attach the modified tables to see & use the new columns.

This facility may have been added in later communication channels (ODBC 3,
DAO ?) but I doubt it's a MySQL problem.

HTH
Colin

Thread
ODBC-WIN32-Developer-Frontend for mysqlJochen Dolze26 Apr
  • Re: ODBC-WIN32-Developer-Frontend for mysqlColin McKinnon26 Apr