List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Dolze Date:April 26 1999 1:10pm
Subject:ODBC-WIN32-Developer-Frontend for mysql
View as plain text
Hi,

at the time, we work with many standalone MS-Access-Databases on several
WinNT-Machines. This is a bad solution.

Our goal is to change all MS-Access-Databases to one (or more)
Linux-Machines running mysql.

Converting all data from MS-Access to mysql and running the database
itself was no problem (on a linux-test-machine).

The problem are our Database-Design-Guys. They are working with
NT-Machines (several other reasons for this) and want to create/alter
Databases like before...

I've tested MS-Access and i'm able to connect to a Database, but i can
only "link" whole Tables, instead of create/delete/alter columns.
Modifiying data is no problem (but only a small part we need).... maybe
i'm to dumb setting up the right myODBC-options???

So i wonder if there is a ODBC-Developer-Frontend for WIN32 (lookalike
MS-Access, but with full ODBC-support)??? - We only create tables with no
references, "reports" or things like that. No "interactive" stuff. Only
pure database-design.

Thanks,

  Ciao

    Joe_D

Thread
ODBC-WIN32-Developer-Frontend for mysqlJochen Dolze26 Apr
  • Re: ODBC-WIN32-Developer-Frontend for mysqlColin McKinnon26 Apr