List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:A. Brandic Date:April 26 1999 11:12am
Subject:Problem executing query, a bug perhaps?
View as plain text
Hi!

I've got a problem with MySql and I'm not sure if it is a bug or my
fault.  I'm running MySql 3.22.21
on Alpha 800 with Unix 4.0 on it and MySql was installed as Binary version.

I've created three test tables each containing just over 15000 records in
14 columns.
If I do a simple query such as :
mysql> select Universe.Surname from Universe, TestTable where
         -> ID=AdmissionNo;

ID is unique for TestTable and it is integer(9) Primary Key and
auto_increment  and
AdmissionNo  is unique for Universe and it is integer(9) Primary Key and
auto_increment as well.

This executes in 1.05 secs with no probs.

But when I do a similar query:
mysql> select Universe.Surname from Universe, TestTable, Streams where
         -> ID=AdmissionNo;

Still ID and AdmissionNo are Unique for their tables and do not appear in
any other table but this time
I've inserted Streams table which is not used at all.
Well this time after 2min the following is displayed

mysql: Out of memory (Needed 8160 bytes)
ERROR 2008: MySQL client run out of memory

and also it disconnects me from the database that I was usinq and I have
to logi in again.

Any Ideas?

Ajdin
Thread
Question: how to count unique rows in multiple tables?Kelly Yancey22 Apr
Re: Question: how to count unique rows in multiple tables?Tomislav Petrovic23 Apr
  • Problem executing query, a bug perhaps?A. Brandic26 Apr
    • Re: Problem executing query, a bug perhaps?Jules Bean26 Apr
      • Re: Problem executing query, a bug perhaps?A. Brandic26 Apr
      • Re: Problem executing query, a bug perhaps?A. Brandic26 Apr
        • Re: Problem executing query, a bug perhaps?Jules Bean26 Apr
    • Re: Problem executing query, a bug perhaps?Sasha Pachev26 Apr