List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robin Bowes Date:April 26 1999 11:04am
Subject:Reverse engineering with Visio
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm having trouble using Visio Enterprise to produce a diagram of my
database(s).

I'm specifying ODBC Generic Driver as the Visio Driver (I don't suppose
there's a specific MySQL driver?).

When I get to the list of tables to reverse engineer (Step 3 of 4) I am
presented with a list of blank tablenames.

Looking in the ODBC trace file, I see messages like this:

>SQLBindCol
| enter: icol: 1  Type: 1  ValueMax: 128  Valueptr: 12e6f0  Value: 4
| info: Binding columns without a statement; Hope you know what you are
doing
| >_myrealloc
| <_myrealloc
| >_mymalloc
| | enter: Size: 30
| | exit: ptr: 9601af8
| <_mymalloc
<SQLBindCol

Do I need to set any particular options in the ODBC driver for Visio to
work?

Thanks,

R.
--
Robin Bowes - System Development Manager - Room 405A
E.O.C., Overseas House, Quay St., Manchester, M3 3HN, UK.