List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Lindberg Date:January 11 2000 4:19pm
On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 23:35:15 -0700, Sasha Pachev wrote:

>If someone like Paul DuBois or Benjamin Pflugmann, or somebody from the
>MySQL development team posts an answer to an easy or medium difficulty
>question, and considers his answer final enough to mark it so, 99.9 % of
>the time he will be right, so the rest of the development team could
>just leave the question alone if they are in a hurry -- they can still
>read the answer if they want to :-)

Changing the subject breaks the lists "threading" for digests and WWW
archive, so the risk is that that type of labeling will disconnect the
answer from the question.

Usually, the definitive answer is last in a thread, or at least very
close to the end. If you go to http://lists.mysql.com, you can look at
any entry (it will lead to the currently last message in the thread).
I'd suggest that as way to find answers, but to change subjects only
when starting a new thread/discussion. Easy to page back through the
thread if desired.

You can read the digests the same way, but since they are limited in
temporal scope you're more likely to be in the middle of a discussion.

-Sincerely, Fred

Simply suggestion to make the mailing list faster to scanMichael Widenius10 Jan
  • Re: Simply suggestion to make the mailing list faster to scanRichard McLean11 Jan
  • Re: Simply suggestion to make the mailing list faster to scanBenjamin Pflugmann11 Jan
    • Re: Simply suggestion to make the mailing list faster to scanMichael Widenius11 Jan
      • Re: Simply suggestion to make the mailing list faster to scanDon Read11 Jan
  • Re: Simply suggestion to make the mailing list faster to scanSasha Pachev11 Jan
    • Re: Simply suggestion to make the mailing list faster to scanPaul DuBois11 Jan
Re: Simply suggestion to make the mailing list faster to scanFred Lindberg11 Jan
  • Re: Simply suggestion to make the mailing list faster to scanSasha Pachev11 Jan