List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 11 2000 3:09am
Subject:Re: limiting load of mysql
View as plain text
Hi!

<cut>

Andreas> Yes, but we have about 300 updates/inserts per second, from which 80% are
Andreas> updates...
Andreas> And these are absolute high priority ! Nothing lames more than old data :-)
Andreas> BTW we use no locks. Only for a temp table, which isn't queried often...

In this case you may want to try MySQL 3.23.8;  At least the inserts
should not lock the tables (assumes you don't do many deletes).

Using delay_key_writes on some tables may also help a lot!
(I recently update the MySQL manual with this)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
limiting load of mysqlAndreas Vierengel10 Jan
  • can't find xform libJean Raymond Chauviere10 Jan
    • Re: can't find xform libsinisa10 Jan
  • Re: limiting load of mysqlsinisa10 Jan
  • Re: can't find xform libJean Raymond Chauviere10 Jan
  • Re: limiting load of mysqlPatrick Greenwell10 Jan
  • Re: limiting load of mysqlKyle Hayes10 Jan
  • Re: limiting load of mysqlAndreas Vierengel10 Jan
    • Re: limiting load of mysqlKyle Hayes11 Jan
    • Re: limiting load of mysqlMichael Widenius11 Jan
  • Re: limiting load of mysqlAndreas Vierengel11 Jan
  • Re: limiting load of mysqlAndreas Vierengel11 Jan
  • Re: limiting load of mysqlColin McKinnon12 Jan
    • Re: limiting load of mysqlAndreas Vierengel15 Jan