List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 10 2000 8:25pm
Subject:Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?
View as plain text

Tim> On Sun, Jan 09, 2000 at 03:53:18PM -0500, Bill Marrs wrote:
>>
>> Sinisa said:
>> >The feature planned is not to integrate startup with recovery, but to
>> >enable recovery while mysql server is running.
>>
>> Well, if you guys change it so that I can bring up mysqld after a kernel
>> panic and have it realize that it's tables need fixing -- then it goes
>> ahead and automatically fixes them - that would be very useful to me.

Tim> And everyone else. Monty recently said that that was the plan (myisam
Tim> tables have a 'stable' flag that the server can use for this at startup).

>> Otherwise, I need to add my own myisamchk lines to my server's startup scripts.

Tim> Best to do that anyway in the meantime. I'm surprised it's not there
Tim> already, even if only as an option.

I agree; I will add that.

Tim> Could you implement yours as an option and post it back to the list?

The proper lines that should cover most cases are:

myisamchk --silent --force --fast --medium-check $DATADIR/*.MYI
isamchk --silent --force $DATADIR/*.MYI

The --fast will tell myisamchk to skip tables that hasn't been
modified since last check.

Regards,
Monty

Thread
what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Bill Marrs9 Jan
  • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?sinisa9 Jan
    • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Bill Marrs9 Jan
      • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?Tim Bunce10 Jan
        • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?Michael Widenius10 Jan
          • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?Tim Bunce11 Jan
      • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?sinisa10 Jan
        • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Bill Marrs10 Jan
          • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?sinisa10 Jan
            • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Bill Marrs10 Jan
              • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?sinisa10 Jan
                • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Bill Marrs10 Jan
                  • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?Tim Bunce11 Jan
                    • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?Michael Widenius11 Jan
                  • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Michael Widenius11 Jan
                    • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?jcole11 Jan
      • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Michael Widenius10 Jan
  • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?apocoliptica10 Jan
    • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Bill Marrs10 Jan
  • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Sasha Pachev10 Jan
RE: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?John Foley11 Jan
Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?Andy12 Jan
  • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?Michael Widenius12 Jan