List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 10 2000 8:17pm
Subject:Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam
tables?
View as plain text

Bill> Sinisa said:
>> The principal issue is to stop mysql deamon from crashing. It depends
>> on the OS, MySQL version you use, C and thread lib versions etc.

Bill> I'm getting Linux kernel panics from time to time.  I'm not one to debug a
Bill> kernel, so I figure I just need to figure out ways to live with it.  mysql
Bill> isn't crashing on its own.

>> It also depends on how you have built MySQL, so the first step is to
>> use a 3.23.8 binary for your OS , available at mysql pages.

Bill> I'm not sure I understand why this is relevant.  I am using 3.23.7, I built
Bill> it from source.

>> The feature planned is not to integrate startup with recovery, but t
>> oenable recovery while mysql server is running.

Bill> Well, if you guys change it so that I can bring up mysqld after a kernel
Bill> panic and have it realize that it's tables need fixing -- then it goes
Bill> ahead and automatically fixes them - that would be very useful to me.

One can from MyISAM tables quickly detect that they are not closed
properly.  We will use this feature to make it possible to do
automatic recovery on startup.

Bill> Otherwise, I need to add my own myisamchk lines to my server's startup scripts.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Bill Marrs9 Jan
  • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?sinisa9 Jan
    • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Bill Marrs9 Jan
      • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?Tim Bunce10 Jan
        • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?Michael Widenius10 Jan
          • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?Tim Bunce11 Jan
      • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?sinisa10 Jan
        • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Bill Marrs10 Jan
          • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?sinisa10 Jan
            • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Bill Marrs10 Jan
              • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?sinisa10 Jan
                • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Bill Marrs10 Jan
                  • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?Tim Bunce11 Jan
                    • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?Michael Widenius11 Jan
                  • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Michael Widenius11 Jan
                    • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?jcole11 Jan
      • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Michael Widenius10 Jan
  • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?apocoliptica10 Jan
    • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Bill Marrs10 Jan
  • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisamtables?Sasha Pachev10 Jan
RE: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?John Foley11 Jan
Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?Andy12 Jan
  • Re: what is the best way to do unattended recovery of myisam tables?Michael Widenius12 Jan