List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 25 1999 9:08pm
Subject:Re: Win98 & MySQL
View as plain text
>>>>> "Vladimir" == Vladimir Berezniker <volchok@stripped> writes:

Vladimir> Hi,
Vladimir>     Ping works just fine, and it definitely does not try to access it
> through
Vladimir> dial-up.  I played around with my network settings and was able to speed it
> up, but
Vladimir> still I have about 5 second delay for each MySQL request.  Interestingly
> enough on
Vladimir> rare occasions it works instantly but that happens very rarely.  As a result
> it is
Vladimir> very difficult to write PHP scripts that access database, because it take so
> long to
Vladimir> execute even one query.

Vladimir> Sincerely,
Vladimir> Vladimir Berezniker

Do you connect to localhost or 'hostname' ?

Another problem may be that your DNS resolving is slow.

Try creating the following \windows\hosts file:

127.0.0.1       localhost

and try connecting to 'localhost'

Does this help?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Win98 & MySQLVladimir Berezniker22 Apr
  • Re: Win98 & MySQLSasha Pachev22 Apr
  • Win98 & MySQLMichael Widenius25 Apr
  • Re: Win98 & MySQLVladimir Berezniker25 Apr
    • Re: Win98 & MySQLMichael Widenius26 Apr
Re: Win98 & MySQLFred Lindberg25 Apr