List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 25 1999 7:54pm
Subject:Re: one more thing
View as plain text
>>>>> "Adam" == Adam Powell <adam@stripped> writes:

Adam> Right, its Sun OS 5.6, MySQL 3.22.20a, and PHP 3.0.6.  I think the problems
Adam> are caused by not adding a free statement at the end of the scripts, but I
Adam> thought PHP did a pretty good job of clearing up after itself...

Adam> Adam

On SunOS, we have run MySQL with purify to verify that there is no
memory leaks.  I am also not aware of any problems with SunOS 5.6
itself.  This doesn't mean that it's impossible there is a memory
leak, but only that we need more information to be able to locate it!

Have you tried to compile MySQL with --with-debug=yes ?

In this case, you can check how much memory MySQL is using by doing:
'mysqladmin version'

How did you verify how much memory mysqld is taking?   If you have a
lot of simultaneous threads, 'ps' may calculate the thread stacks and
the space between the thread stacks in the final figure.

When mysqld starts to take a lot of memory, what values do you get
from:

mysqladmin proc
mysqladmin variables
mysqladmin extended-status

Without the above information it's very hard to say what is wrong with
your setup.  Normally MySQL should take VERY little memory to resolve
a simple key lookup query !

Regards,
Monty
Thread
one more thingAdam Powell24 Apr
  • Re: [PHP3] one more thingRasmus Lerdorf24 Apr
  • Re: one more thing(Graeme B. Davis)24 Apr
  • Re: one more thingSasha Pachev24 Apr
  • Re: one more thingAdam Powell24 Apr
    • Re: [PHP3] Re: one more thingRasmus Lerdorf24 Apr
    • Re: one more thingMichael Widenius25 Apr