List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:January 8 2000 5:12am
Subject:Re: How can I install MySQL other than C: ?
View as plain text
At 08:43 PM 1/7/2000 , Arion wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Is this method only works for a registered version of MySQL?
>
>If my company has purchased a MySQL license, can I districute the upgraded
>binaries to our customers?
>
>Thank you for your attention
>
>Arion
>
>sinisa@stripped wrote:
>
> > Arion writes:
> >  > How can I install MySQL on Win32 other than C: ?
> >  > I can run MySQL at D: as a standalone application by using -b parameter
> >  > but how can I start it up as service?
> >  >
> >  > Thanks.
> >  >
> >  > Arion
> >  >
> >  >

> > Hi!
> >
> > MySQL must be installed on C:, but your databases can be elsewhere.
> >
> > You can specify different --datadir=... in mysql startup options, or
> > you can create my.cnf in c:\ with --datadir=.. pointing to some other
> > drive.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Sinisa

I ran into problems with this before...I think you need to escape the
backslash - ie, \\ - since MySQL-NT still thinks like Unix software about
backslashes, not like WinDoze software. For example, here is my C:\my.cnf:

#------
# You can copy this to one of:
# /etc/my.cnf to set global options,
# /mysql-data-dir/my.cnf to get server specific options or
# ~/my.cnf for user specific options.
#
# One can use all long options that the program supports.
# Run the program with --help to get a list of available options

# This will be passed to all mysql clients
[client]
#password=my_password
port=3306

# Here is entries for some specific programs
# The following values assume you have at least 32M ram

# The MySQL server
[mysqld]
port=3306
## socket=/tmp/mysql.sock
skip-locking
set-variable = key_buffer=16M
set-variable = max_allowed_packet=1M
set-variable = thread_stack=128K
basedir=c:\\mysql
datadir=D:\\mysql\\data
tmpdir=d:\\mysql\\temp

[isamchk]
set-variable= keybuffer=16M

#----------- END OF C:\my.cnf

Hope that helps,

         steve

| Steve Edberg                           University of California, Davis |
| sbedberg@stripped                        http://aesric.ucdavis.edu/ |
|                                                          (530)754-9127 |
+---------------------- Gort, Klaatu barada nikto! ----------------------+

Thread
How can I install MySQL other than C: ?Arion7 Jan
  • Re: How can I install MySQL other than C: ?sinisa7 Jan
  • Re: How can I install MySQL other than C: ?Arion8 Jan
    • Re: How can I install MySQL other than C: ?sinisa9 Jan
  • Re: How can I install MySQL other than C: ?Arion8 Jan
    • Re: How can I install MySQL other than C: ?Steve Edberg8 Jan
  • Re: How can I install MySQL other than C: ?Arion8 Jan
    • Re: How can I install MySQL other than C: ?Paul DuBois8 Jan
    • Re: How can I install MySQL other than C: ?sinisa9 Jan
  • Re: How can I install MySQL other than C: ?Sasha Pachev8 Jan