List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 8 2000 12:47am
Subject:DELAY_KEY_WRITE
View as plain text
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Zaitsev <pz@stripped> writes:

Peter> Hello mysql,

Peter>   I have a huge amount of tables which are in constantly updating
Peter>   state all the time. I'm thinking to check how much delay_key_write
Peter>   will give me to enable it ore not.

Peter>   The problem is i find out what alter table g00hits delay_key_write=1
Peter>   which should as I thought just change several bytes in.frm file but
Peter>   it starts to rebuild the whol table. Why does it work this way ?

Peter> --
Peter> Best regards,
Peter>  Peter                          mailto:pz@stripped

Hi!

The reason is that we simply haven't had time to add this optimization to
ALTER TABLE;  Currently every ALTER TABLE, except RENAME, will
rebuild the table.

Regard,
Monty
Thread