List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 25 1999 12:29pm
Subject:Mysql sems to hang.
View as plain text
>>>>> "Alvin" == Alvin Starr <alvin@stripped> writes:

Alvin> I periodicaly have mysql hang with the error message.
Alvin>     mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
Alvin>     error: 'Can't create a new thread (errno 35). If you are not out of
Alvin>     available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible  OS-dependent
Alvin>     bug'

Alvin> I am running Linux 5.1 on an Alpha processor.
Alvin> kernel version 2.1.124
Alvin> glibc is glibc-2.0.7-13

Alvin> The thread tests all seem to run to completion correctly and in past
Alvin> experiances I found that the thread tests were the first to break when the
Alvin> pthread problem exists in glibc.

Alvin> Is there a list of error numbers and what causes them. I get the
Alvin> imperssion that the error messages do not directly relate to a specific
Alvin> cause. I have been trying to relate an error number back to a point in the
Alvin> source code without much luck.

Alvin> Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (416)585-9971
Alvin> Interlink Connectivity        ||   fax:   (416)585-9974
Alvin> alvin@stripped              ||

Hi!

(/my/monty/sql) perror 35
Resource deadlock avoided

This is probably also a glibc/kernel error :(

I will mail you a short test program, that emulates a server/client
protocol, that you can use to check for thread bugs!

Regards,
Monty

Thread
Mysql sems to hang.Unknown Sender22 Apr
  • Mysql sems to hang.Michael Widenius25 Apr