List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:LZW Date:April 25 1999 10:27am
Subject:Re: SET and ENUM
View as plain text
Hello!

Sorry if this is an elementary question.
As for the two data types: SET // ENUM
I haven't figured out the pratical use about them.
I occasionally use SET ('Y', 'N') as boolean
test.  But this can be done with TINYINT with
value set to either 0 or 1.  Since SET and
ENUM are out there, I think there should
be something that these two data types are useful
at.  But I just don't see their value at the moment.

I am ok with the SQL language.  But I still trying
hard to be good at designing a well-strucutred database.
If you have some experience with SET or ENUM, I'd be
glad to learn from you :)

Cheers,

LZW

Thread
Re: SET and ENUMLZW25 Apr
  • Re: SET and ENUM (2)Tobias Rischer26 Apr