List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 7 2000 4:02pm
Subject:Re: Small question. (How to make it static ?)
View as plain text
At 4:46 PM +0200 2000-01-07, <sinisa@stripped> wrote:
>Peter Zaitsev writes:
>  > I read in documentation static version of MYSQLD works a number of persent
>  > faster then not static one. I'm wondering how to build static version -
>  > which flags I have to add to configure (I've searched documentation on this
>  > subject but found nothing)
>  >
>  >
>  > Best Regards
>  >                        Peter Zaitsev
>  >
>  >

>Hello,
>
>Just add -static before -o.
>
>But who told you that static version is faster. Dynamic version just
>takes few milliseconds more, on the startup of the server.
>
>Thereafter, it is irrelevant !!

The manual states that static versions are faster.  In answer the original
question, the manual also states:

@item
If you want to compile statically-linked programs (e.g., to make a binary
distribution, to get more speed or to work around problems with some RedHat
distributions), run @code{configure} like this:

@example
shell> ./configure --with-client-ldflags=-all-static \
            --with-mysqld-ldflags=-all-static
@end example

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped