List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rasmus Lerdorf Date:April 24 1999 3:21pm
Subject:Re: [PHP3] Re: one more thing
View as plain text
> Right, its Sun OS 5.6, MySQL 3.22.20a, and PHP 3.0.6.  I think the problems
> are caused by not adding a free statement at the end of the scripts, but I
> thought PHP did a pretty good job of clearing up after itself...

It does.  mysql_freeresult() should be used to keep the memory usage of a
script making multiple queries to a minimum.  When you are done with one
query, free it.  That way the memory can be re-used on your next query
within that same script.  If you only have a single query then this should
not be an issue.

-Rasmus

Thread
one more thingAdam Powell24 Apr
  • Re: [PHP3] one more thingRasmus Lerdorf24 Apr
  • Re: one more thing(Graeme B. Davis)24 Apr
  • Re: one more thingSasha Pachev24 Apr
  • Re: one more thingAdam Powell24 Apr
    • Re: [PHP3] Re: one more thingRasmus Lerdorf24 Apr
    • Re: one more thingMichael Widenius25 Apr