List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:January 6 2000 2:44pm
Subject:RE: NT MYSQL HELP NEEDED !!!
View as plain text
Have you tried rebuilding and running the example C test that comes with
the MySQL distribution.  I have had no trouble building and running it on 3
different computers (NT).  I have used VC++ 5.0 nad VC++ 6.0.

>Hi Robert,
>	I have had problems using the libmySQL.lib and libmySQL.dll files in my
>VC++ 6.0 programs. I don't get any unresolved symbols in mine, only
>exceptions after it compiles and tries to run. Whenever a function is called
>that is located in the .dll file, I get an exception at 0xC0000005. The
>weird thing is that it works and compiles fine on one computer but it
>crashes on my other one. I haven't been able to fix this problem.
>I did look at your code and noticed that you didn't include any header files
>that have WinSock capabilities. I think that you have to have those drivers
>installed to make the mySQL stuff work properly because it uses SOCKET. I'm
>using Windows 98 but I don't think that should make much difference. Let me
>know if you have any other problems and I'll let you know what I have done.
>My code compiles fine, it just won't work on some machines. Let me know if
>you have any ideas about my exceptions.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Clifford Brown

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
NT MYSQL HELP NEEDED !!!Robert J. Daino6 Jan
  • Re: NT MYSQL HELP NEEDED !!!Jeremy Cole6 Jan
  • how to use SSH from Windows client connect to linux mysql?Unknown Sender6 Jan
    • Re: how to use SSH from Windows client connect to linux mysql?Ed Carp6 Jan
    • Re: how to use SSH from Windows client connect to linux mysql?hypnos6 Jan
      • Re: how to use SSH from Windows client connect to linux mysql?WebAdmin FME UTM6 Jan
        • Re: how to use SSH from Windows client connect to linux mysql?Jan Dvorak12 Jan
  • RE: NT MYSQL HELP NEEDED !!!Clifford Brown6 Jan
  • Re: NT MYSQL HELP NEEDED !!!sinisa6 Jan
RE: NT MYSQL HELP NEEDED !!!Christopher R. Jones6 Jan