List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:January 6 2000 10:22am
Subject:Re: Windows Ver of MySQL
View as plain text
At 9:24 PM -0800 1/5/00, Jose de Leon wrote:
>Can you give me your thoughts on the windows version of MySQL?  How
>well does it work in Windows NT?  What is the performance, are there
>caveats with the windows version versus unix version?  Is the
>stability of the windows version comparable to the UNIX version?
>
>Thanks,
>Jose

Well, I run MySQL on WinNT4, Solaris and - soon - RedHat Linux. I
haven't done any comparative benchmarks or stress testing, and my
applications have been relatively modest so far, but I haven't had
ANY trouble with the NT version. I'm still using 3.22.4, running as
an NT service. It's never crashed on its own, but since I have to
restart NT at least once a week anyway, I don't know about its max
uptime. It was easy to install, and maintains a small memory
footprint.

- steve

+--------------- my people are the people of the dessert, ---------------+
| Steve Edberg                           University of California, Davis |
| sbedberg@stripped                                     (530)754-9127 |
| Computer Consultant                         http://aesric.ucdavis.edu/ |
+---------------- said t e lawrence, picking up his fork ----------------+
Thread
Windows Ver of MySQLJose de Leon6 Jan
  • Re: Windows Ver of MySQLSteve Edberg6 Jan
Re: Windows Ver of MySQLChristopher R. Jones6 Jan
  • Re: Windows Ver of MySQLSasha Pachev6 Jan