List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mimi Church Date:April 24 1999 2:02pm
Subject:Re: File sizes on remote server
View as plain text
Thanks for your suggestions, Sasha.  Unfortunately they won't solve the
problem.

1. I can't telnet into the remote mySQL server.  I assume this is one way
the host provides protection for a shared db server.

2. I can estimate the sizes of the tables using the method you describe
(and even estimate the size required by indices, thanks to good mySQL docs
/ utils).  I've done this and estimate a total size of around 12 MB for all
tables.  The ISP reports that my tables in the db occupy 618 MB.  I suspect
that one (at least) of the tables has been corrupted, and even though I
drop, recreate the table, and reimport data, somehow things aren't really
getting cleaned up.  But I need to be able to look at the actual file sizes
to pursue this theory.

Any further suggestions on how to address this problem would be most
appreciated.  I'm stuck.