List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rasmus Lerdorf Date:April 24 1999 1:03pm
Subject:Re: [PHP3] one more thing
View as plain text
> Sorry about this, before I forget I have one more question.  We run an ad
> network that consists of PHP pages linking to a mySQL database.  We have to
> upgrade to Oracle because basically mySQL cannot hack the number of ads that
> we are serving, however this is waay in the future.  Currently something is
> causing a memory leak in the database, our 450 keeps going up to 999 Meg
> used (the mySQLd process that is) and then starts swapping and the techs
> have to restart it.

Sounds like the RH-5.1 glibc bug to me.  You didn't mention which OS you
are or even the versions of MySQL and PHP which would have made it easier
to provide a useful response.

-Rasmus

Thread
one more thingAdam Powell24 Apr
  • Re: [PHP3] one more thingRasmus Lerdorf24 Apr
  • Re: one more thing(Graeme B. Davis)24 Apr
  • Re: one more thingSasha Pachev24 Apr
  • Re: one more thingAdam Powell24 Apr
    • Re: [PHP3] Re: one more thingRasmus Lerdorf24 Apr
    • Re: one more thingMichael Widenius25 Apr