List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<unknown Date:April 24 1999 8:04am
Subject:Re: Apache Authentication to MySQL Database?
View as plain text
Well, then get a copy.  You can find the locations of some mirrors at
http://www.apache.org.  Or, you can use the Redhat SRPM to get the source
(I don't recommend that, I *always* use a stock distribution if I'm
going to customize it).

---
tani hosokawa
river styx internet

On Sat, 24 Apr 1999, Chen Shiyuan wrote:

> Hmm...
>
> But as I'm using RedHat 5.2, mine was installed using a binary rpm file
> and I don't have the source code for the program.
>
> On Sat, 24 Apr 1999 unknown@stripped wrote:
>
> > Yes, it was actually really easy to get working... I can't think of any
> > better way to do it.  You can't just add in extra authentication methods
> > to Apache without recompiling, unless you've got dynamic module support
> > enabled, which still requires a certain amount of compiling, and I
> > wouldn't recommend using the mod_mysqlauth as a dynamic module.
> >
> > ---
> > tani hosokawa
> > river styx internet
> >

> > On Sat, 24 Apr 1999, Chen Shiyuan wrote:
> >
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > Has anyone managed to get the module for authenticating a Apache web
> > > session to a MySQL database working properly?
> > >
> > > It seems that the one referenced to on the MySQL web site requires apache
> > > to be recompiled. Is there any other way that doesn't require a
> > > recompilation?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > ====================================================================
> > >    ___  ___  _  _
> > >   / __)/ __)( \/ )     Chen Shiyuan        H/P : 96802564
> > >  ( (__ __ \ \  /     csy@stripped       P/G : 92231871
> > >   ___)(___/ (__)  Network Administrator   Hwa Chong Junior College

>   / __)/ __)( \/ )     Chen Shiyuan        H/P : 96802564
>  ( (__ __ \ \  /     csy@stripped       P/G : 92231871
>   ___)(___/ (__)  Network Administrator   Hwa Chong Junior College

Apache Authentication to MySQL Database?Chen Shiyuan24 Apr
  • Re: Apache Authentication to MySQL Database?unknown24 Apr
    • Re: Apache Authentication to MySQL Database?Chen Shiyuan24 Apr
      • Re: Apache Authentication to MySQL Database?unknown24 Apr
  • Re: Apache Authentication to MySQL Database?Vivek Khera26 Apr