List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay J Date:January 5 2000 7:04pm
Subject:Re: PROPOSAL: Split this list into MySQL-Administration andMySQL-Application
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sven E. van 't Veer" <sven@stripped>
To: "Mark Zieg" <mzieg@stripped>
Cc: <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2000 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Split this list into MySQL-Administration
andMySQL-Application

> > I vote for splitting.
> >
> > (Although I'm concerned about his assumption that anything dealing with
> > MySQL must be related to PHP, which couldn't be farther from the
truth...)

> I vote for splitting too. Maybe even in three different lists:
> installation related,
> api related,
> administration related.
>
> sven

It's not that I'm unsympathetic to installation troubles, but I for one
would not* subscribe to such a list.

My point is that, who would? For their sake, how will installation questions
get answered if no one subscribes?

Perhaps someone has experience in trying to split off an installation list?

BTW - There already is a developer list that sees far less traffic than this
one..

-Jay J

Thread
mysqld will not start with --user=rootleif4 Jan
  • Re: mysqld will not start with --user=rootSasha Pachev4 Jan
  • PROPOSAL: Split this list into MySQL-Administration andMySQL-ApplicationThomas David Kehoe5 Jan
    • Re: PROPOSAL: Split this list into MySQL-Administration andMySQL-ApplicationMark Zieg5 Jan
      • Re: PROPOSAL: Split this list into MySQL-Administration andMySQL-ApplicationSven E. van 't Veer5 Jan
      • Re: PROPOSAL: Split this list into MySQL-Administration andMySQL-ApplicationJay J5 Jan
      • Re: PROPOSAL: Split this list into MySQL-Administration andMySQL-ApplicationThomas David Kehoe6 Jan
  • Calculations with dates?Thomas David Kehoe5 Jan
    • Re: Calculations with dates?Bill Gerrard5 Jan
      • Re: Calculations with dates?Paul DuBois6 Jan
        • RE: Calculations with dates?Bill Gerrard6 Jan
          • RE: Calculations with dates?Paul DuBois6 Jan
            • RE: Calculations with dates?Bill Gerrard6 Jan
      • Re: Calculations with dates?Sasha Pachev6 Jan
    • Re: Calculations with dates?Michael Budash5 Jan
Re: PROPOSAL: Split this list into MySQL-Administration and MySQL-ApplicationPeter Speck6 Jan