List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carlos Proal Date:July 14 2014 10:01pm
Subject:Re: Migration from SQL Server
View as plain text
Workbench provides some migration features and supports SQL Server

http://www.mysql.com/products/workbench/migrate/

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Felipe Coutinho <felipelcoutinho@stripped>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a web developer and I'm developing a web application on Rails. I'm
> gonna use MySQL at production (I'm using Amazon RDS with MySQL) for this
> app. But this app already has a version of it (developed at ASP.NET) at
> production using SQL Server. Now I need to migrate the data from SQL Server
> to MySQL.
> The databases are very similar:
> - Few columns change the name.
> - One table was split in two
> - Few columns added
> - Few columns changed the type.
> Do you suggest any tool the helps with this migration?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Felipe.
>
> --
> Felipe Leal Coutinho
> Website <http://www.felipelc.com/> | Linkedin
> <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/felipe-coutinho/21/902/a22>  | Facebook
> <http://www.facebook.com/felipelcoutinho>

Thread
Migration from SQL ServerFelipe Coutinho14 Jul 2014
  • Re: Migration from SQL ServerCarlos Proal14 Jul 2014