List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:greg.lane Date:July 14 2014 6:47pm
Subject:Re: Query time taken on disk
View as plain text
Hi Satendra,

On 7/14/2014 5:48 AM, Satendra wrote:
> Hi there, I'm struggling to find the total time taken by a database query
> on the disk? As I understand when a database query start execution it takes
> some time inside the database engine & some time to seek the result from
> disk (if that is not in cache/buffer)
> Can anybody from the group please suggest any clue about the execution time
> on the disk?
> Many thanks
> Stdranwl

As stated in other emails you can use the performance_schema.  Mark
Leith has provided a stable version of ps_helper now called the sys
schema and can be obtained on github here, .  There is quite a bit of help
and examples in the  Also you check into the experimental
portion of it called dba helper also on github, .  I think you will be able to
find what you are looking for utilizing these tools that make
performance schema much easier to use and under stand.

Query time taken on diskSatendra14 Jul
  • Re: Query time taken on diskReindl Harald14 Jul
    • Re: Query time taken on diskKeith Murphy14 Jul
  • Re: Query time taken on diskMorgan Tocker14 Jul
  • Re: Query time taken on diskgreg.lane14 Jul