List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shawn l.green Date:July 7 2014 3:09pm
Subject:Re: How to get all known bugs on specified mysql version?
View as plain text
Hello,

On 7/6/2014 7:42 PM, 娄帅 wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I want to use MySQL 5.6.18 in production, so i want to get all known bugs
> on this version. Now i check the "bugfix" section in MySQL 5.6.19 and above
> version. Am i doing the right thing? Or Do you have a better method?
>
> Any input will be appreciated!

The easiest way to see which bugs are pending is to actually search the
bugs database, http://bugs.mysql.com

Here is one example search you can perform. Note, many of these bugs
(such as bug #49728) are low-impact edge-cases that are prioritized
lower than other more important high-impact bugs. Our development teams
have limited resources.  We triage and prioritize what they can work on
based on how severe the bug is, how often is may be encountered, and how
easy it may be to work around.

http://bugs.mysql.com/search.php?search_for=&status[]=Active&severity=&limit=All&order_by=id&cmd=display&phpver=5.5&os=0&os_details=&bug_age=0&tags=&similar=&target=&last_updated=0&defect_class=all&workaround_viability=all&impact=all&fix_risk=all&fix_effort=all&triageneeded=

Anyone can join the fight! Start by submitting an OCA (Oracle
Contributor's Agreement).
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/community/oca-486395.html
If you have any questions about the OCA, please contact the MySQL
community team.
http://www.mysql.com/about/contact/?topic=community

Then, any patches you provide can be analyzed, possibly improved, and
potentially merged into the actual source code.  For some recent
examples, see:
http://www.tocker.ca/2014/06/09/mysql-5-6-19-community-release-notes.html

--
Shawn Green