List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Frank Fischer Date:April 23 1999 10:01pm
Subject:Compiling Assistance
View as plain text
   We have a 'C' application that was originally written for Unix and was
ported to NT using a tool called NuTCracker which preserves the Unix look
and feel and simulates a Unix environment under NT.

   Currently we are in the process of enhancing our application and wish
to use MySQL as the database server.  In order to do this we need
to be able to talk to the database server via direct socket calls through
the MySQL C API from a Unix console application running under NT, we have
the correct socket libraries for NT but not the MySQL library files.
In order to get our client to talk to the server I need to figure out which
source modules make up the MySQL libraries (.a files) under Unix and rebuild
them on our NuTCracker Unix environment on NT.

   Using the WinSock.dll or the libmySQL.dll is not an option for us so
can someone tell me what modules I need in order to recreate the .a files
that Unix uses?

Thread
Compiling AssistanceFrank Fischer24 Apr
  • Re: Compiling AssistanceSasha Pachev24 Apr
  • Compiling AssistanceMichael Widenius26 Apr