List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:June 2 2014 4:00pm
Subject:Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPU
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jatin Davey" <jashokda@stripped>
> Subject: Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPU
>
> Certain part of our code uses DataNucleas while other parts of the code

A "data persistence product"... there's your problem.

Persisting objects into a relational database is like fitting a square peg in a round
hole: it works if you have a big enough hammer, but something is going to break.

I'm not going to go into the myriad ways such layers add inefficiencies that only get
worse with scale; but I suggest you log a ticket with your vendor; they're bound to have
encountered the problem before. There's probably some setting that caches the db metadata
instead of requesting it over and over again.

In any case, this is nothing that can be fixed on the database level.

SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
  • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUReindl Harald2 Jun 2014
    • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
      • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUMichael Dykman2 Jun 2014
        • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
      • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUSinger Wang2 Jun 2014
        • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
          • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
            • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUMorgan Tocker2 Jun 2014
              • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey3 Jun 2014
          • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJohan De Meersman2 Jun 2014
            • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJohan De Meersman3 Jun 2014
              • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey3 Jun 2014