List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jatin Davey Date:June 2 2014 2:52pm
Subject:Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPU
View as plain text
Certain part of our code uses DataNucleas while other parts of the code
use JDBC to access the DB.

I would say that 70% of our code uses DataNucleas while the remaining
30% of our code uses JDBC for databases related operations.

Thanks
Jatin

On 6/2/2014 8:17 PM, Singer Wang wrote:
> What's your technology stack?
>

> On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Jatin Davey <jashokda@stripped
> <mailto:jashokda@stripped>> wrote:
>
>     On 6/2/2014 7:18 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>

>         Am 02.06.2014 15:35, schrieb Jatin Davey:
>
>             I am no expert with mysql and databases. Hence seeking out
>             some help on this forum.
>
>             Basically i got a query dump of my application during its
>             operation. I had collected the queries for about 4 hours.
>             Ran some scripts on the number of queries being sent to
>             the databases.
>
>             The query file was a whopping 4 GB is size. Upon analyzing
>             the queries i found that there were a total of 30
>             million queries made to the Database out of which 10
>             million queries were only doing "SHOW FULL COLUMN" queries.
>
>             The SHOW FULL COLUMN queries were of the format as below:
>
>             SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM
>             `APIC_PHY_FABRIC_PHYSICAL_INTERFACE` FROM
>             `db_private_admin` LIKE '%'
>
>             This is causing considerable cpu usage in %user_time in my
>             system
>
>         fix your application - there is no single reason to run such
>         queries 10 million times because the result won't change all
>         the time
>
>         and avoid like in general
>

>     Our application does not send such queries to the DB. I have
>     searched through my entire code and we dont run such queries. It
>     has something to do with a layer below our application. But i am
>     not sure as to where it is.
>
>     Thanks
>     Jatin
>

>     --

SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
  • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUReindl Harald2 Jun 2014
    • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
      • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUMichael Dykman2 Jun 2014
        • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
      • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUSinger Wang2 Jun 2014
        • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
          • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
            • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUMorgan Tocker2 Jun 2014
              • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey3 Jun 2014
          • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJohan De Meersman2 Jun 2014
            • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJohan De Meersman3 Jun 2014
              • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey3 Jun 2014