List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Singer Wang Date:June 2 2014 2:47pm
Subject:Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPU
View as plain text
What's your technology stack?

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Jatin Davey <jashokda@stripped> wrote:

> On 6/2/2014 7:18 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>

>> Am 02.06.2014 15:35, schrieb Jatin Davey:
>>
>>> I am no expert with mysql and databases. Hence seeking out some help on
>>> this forum.
>>>
>>> Basically i got a query dump of my application during its operation. I
>>> had collected the queries for about 4 hours.
>>> Ran some scripts on the number of queries being sent to the databases.
>>>
>>> The query file was a whopping 4 GB is size. Upon analyzing the queries i
>>> found that there were a total of 30
>>> million queries made to the Database out of which 10 million queries
>>> were only doing "SHOW FULL COLUMN" queries.
>>>
>>> The SHOW FULL COLUMN queries were of the format as below:
>>>
>>> SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `APIC_PHY_FABRIC_PHYSICAL_INTERFACE` FROM
>>> `db_private_admin` LIKE '%'
>>>
>>> This is causing considerable cpu usage in %user_time in my system
>>>
>> fix your application - there is no single reason to run such
>> queries 10 million times because the result won't change all
>> the time
>>
>> and avoid like in general
>>

> Our application does not send such queries to the DB. I have searched
> through my entire code and we dont run such queries. It has something to do
> with a layer below our application. But i am not sure as to where it is.
>
> Thanks
> Jatin

SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
  • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUReindl Harald2 Jun 2014
    • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
      • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUMichael Dykman2 Jun 2014
        • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
      • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUSinger Wang2 Jun 2014
        • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
          • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
            • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUMorgan Tocker2 Jun 2014
              • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey3 Jun 2014
          • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJohan De Meersman2 Jun 2014
            • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJohan De Meersman3 Jun 2014
              • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey3 Jun 2014