List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jatin Davey Date:June 2 2014 2:21pm
Subject:Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPU
View as plain text
On 6/2/2014 7:18 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 02.06.2014 15:35, schrieb Jatin Davey:
>> I am no expert with mysql and databases. Hence seeking out some help on this
> forum.
>>
>> Basically i got a query dump of my application during its operation. I had
> collected the queries for about 4 hours.
>> Ran some scripts on the number of queries being sent to the databases.
>>
>> The query file was a whopping 4 GB is size. Upon analyzing the queries i found
> that there were a total of 30
>> million queries made to the Database out of which 10 million queries were only
> doing "SHOW FULL COLUMN" queries.
>>
>> The SHOW FULL COLUMN queries were of the format as below:
>>
>> SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `APIC_PHY_FABRIC_PHYSICAL_INTERFACE` FROM
> `db_private_admin` LIKE '%'
>>
>> This is causing considerable cpu usage in %user_time in my system
> fix your application - there is no single reason to run such
> queries 10 million times because the result won't change all
> the time
>
> and avoid like in general

Our application does not send such queries to the DB. I have searched
through my entire code and we dont run such queries. It has something to
do with a layer below our application. But i am not sure as to where it is.

Thanks
Jatin

Thread
SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
  • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUReindl Harald2 Jun 2014
    • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
      • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUMichael Dykman2 Jun 2014
        • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
      • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUSinger Wang2 Jun 2014
        • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
          • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
            • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUMorgan Tocker2 Jun 2014
              • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey3 Jun 2014
          • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJohan De Meersman2 Jun 2014
            • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJohan De Meersman3 Jun 2014
              • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey3 Jun 2014