List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jatin Davey Date:June 2 2014 1:35pm
Subject:SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPU
View as plain text
Hi All

I am no expert with mysql and databases. Hence seeking out some help on
this forum.

Basically i got a query dump of my application during its operation. I
had collected the queries for about 4 hours. Ran some scripts on the
number of queries being sent to the databases.

The query file was a whopping 4 GB is size. Upon analyzing the queries i
found that there were a total of 30 million queries made to the Database
out of which 10 million queries were only doing "SHOW FULL COLUMN" queries.

The SHOW FULL COLUMN queries were of the format as below:

SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `APIC_PHY_FABRIC_PHYSICAL_INTERFACE` FROM
`db_private_admin` LIKE '%'

This is causing considerable cpu usage in %user_time in my system. As a
result it is killing my system and i am unable to scale for more load. I
looked if there is any code in my app that is doing these queries and
found nothing. Could some one let me know how i can get rid of these
queries being sent to the DB.

I am using mysql server version: 5.6.10-enterprise-commercial-advanced

Please let me know if any more information is required.

Appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks
Jatin

Thread
SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
  • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUReindl Harald2 Jun 2014
    • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
      • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUMichael Dykman2 Jun 2014
        • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
      • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUSinger Wang2 Jun 2014
        • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
          • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey2 Jun 2014
            • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUMorgan Tocker2 Jun 2014
              • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey3 Jun 2014
          • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJohan De Meersman2 Jun 2014
            • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJohan De Meersman3 Jun 2014
              • Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPUJatin Davey3 Jun 2014