List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:May 28 2014 7:49pm
Subject:Re: indexing on column having duplicate values
View as plain text

Am 28.05.2014 21:43, schrieb Rajeev Prasad:
> I am going to have a big table with lot of records, to expedite searching i wanted to
> index on a key field (which is numeric value). BUT, there will be records which will have
> same value for the key field (other columns will be different).
>
> so how can i do this? right now, i am getting error, about duplicate entries and they
> are being discarded. All entries are important and I have to find a way to locate records
> based on this key field.

who said that a key needs to be unique?

just get phpMyAdmin to learn such things
there you see two different types of keys and after assign you get the sql command

indexing on column having duplicate valuesRajeev Prasad28 May 2014
  • Re: indexing on column having duplicate valuesReindl Harald28 May 2014
Re: indexing on column having duplicate valuesReindl Harald28 May 2014
Re: indexing on column having duplicate valuesRajeev Prasad28 May 2014
  • Re: indexing on column having duplicate valuesReindl Harald28 May 2014