List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:May 28 2014 10:53am
Subject:Re: access problem for a particular table
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----

You don't need to backup performance_schema or information_schema. Fix the backup tool.

> root has these rights:
>
> [...]

Why does the root user have such specific rights? It suggests that you use it for
application purposes. Typically you'd set up root or another user as admin with all
privileges on *.*; and NEVER use that for anything but administrative purposes.

> backup has these rights:
>
> [...]

As said above, no need to back up performance_schema or information_schema - they're
dynamically generated by the MySQL server. You've already granted the necessary rights
(well, there could be more, but you've probably got what you need) on *.*, so no more
need for all the specifics. Get rid of them, they only confuse people looking at them.

> What I understood is that the usage right for root on
> performance_schema.cond_instances means "no rights".
[...]
> But the usage right remains, it does not disappear.
> How can I grant these rights to user backup ?

Well, yes and no. It does mean a user has no rights, but it is really something implicit
that comes with the very existence of a user. Thus, it's only visible when a user has no
other rights; and you can't revoke it short of dropping the user entirely.

access problem for a particular tableBernd Lentes28 May 2014
  • Re: access problem for a particular tableJohan De Meersman28 May 2014
  • Re: access problem for a particular tableDivesh Kamra3 Jun 2014