List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:May 26 2014 10:24am
Subject:Re: blob data types
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----

Didn't InnoDB store them out of line (but still inside the datafile, of course) ? I might
be remembering wrong, though.

You could design your application to store blobs in files instead; but you preferably also
need to use redundant/shared storage, then. It's a common enough design, but it needs
though and understanding :-)

As a tangential thought, there was also a thirdparty plugin engine at some point that
streamed blobs outside of the normal MySQL protocol. Can't remember the name.

blob data typesgeetanjali mehra26 May 2014
  • Re: blob data typesReindl Harald26 May 2014
    • Re: blob data typesgeetanjali mehra26 May 2014
      • Re: blob data typesReindl Harald26 May 2014
    • Re: blob data typesyoku ts.26 May 2014
    • Re: blob data typesJohan De Meersman26 May 2014