List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:May 19 2014 9:49am
Subject:Re: Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Manuel Arostegui" <manuel@stripped>
> Subject: Re: Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?
>
> noSQL/table sharding/partitioning/archiving.

I keep wondering how people believe that NoSQL solutions magically don't need RAM to work.
Nearly all of them slow down to a crawl, many even worse than an SQL database, as soon as
the full or working set no longer fits in memory, too.

Don't get me wrong - they have certain benefits and definite usecases, but it's time
people stop presenting them as a magic bullet. They require understanding and work, just
like any other technology.

Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?Antonio Fernández Pérez15 May 2014
  • Re: Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?Reindl Harald15 May 2014
  • Re: Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?Manuel Arostegui19 May 2014
    • Re: Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?Johan De Meersman19 May 2014
      • Re: Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?Manuel Arostegui19 May 2014
  • Re: Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?Andrew Moore19 May 2014
    • Re: Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?Antonio Fernández Pérez20 May 2014