List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Antonio Fernández Pérez Date:May 16 2014 1:49pm
Subject:Advices for work with big tables
View as plain text
Hi,

I write to the list because I need your advices.

I'm working with a database with some tables that have a lot of rows, for
example I have a table with 8GB of data.

How can I do to have a fluid job with this table?

My server works with disk cabin and I think that sharding and partitioning
are technologies that not applies. Work with a lot of data produces that
there are some slow query, even with the correct indexes created.

So, one option is to delete data but, I use a RADIUS system to authenticate
and authorize users to connect to Internet. For this reason I need work
with almost all data. Another solution is increase the server resources.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Antonio.

Thread
Advices for work with big tablesAntonio Fernández Pérez16 May 2014
  • Re: Advices for work with big tablesReindl Harald16 May 2014
  • Re: Advices for work with big tablesJohan De Meersman16 May 2014
  • Re: Advices for work with big tablesshawn l.green16 May 2014