List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Antonio Fernández Pérez Date:May 15 2014 12:26pm
Subject:Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?
View as plain text
​

​Hi,

I have in my server database some tables that are too much big and produce
some slow query, even with correct indexes created.

For my application, it's necessary to have all the data because we make an
authentication process with RADIUS users (AAA protocol) to determine if one
user can or not navigate in Internet (Depending on the time of all his
sessions).

So, with 8GB of data in one table, what are your advices to follow?
Fragmentation and sharding discarted because we are working with disk
arrays, so not apply. Another option is to delete rows, but in this case, I
can't. For the other hand, maybe de only possible solution is increase the
resources (RAM).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Antonio.​

Thread
Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?Antonio Fernández Pérez15 May 2014
  • Re: Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?Reindl Harald15 May 2014
  • Re: Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?Manuel Arostegui19 May 2014
    • Re: Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?Johan De Meersman19 May 2014
      • Re: Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?Manuel Arostegui19 May 2014
  • Re: Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?Andrew Moore19 May 2014
    • Re: Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?Antonio Fernández Pérez20 May 2014