List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shawn l.green Date:May 14 2014 7:45pm
Subject:Re: multilple mysql engines, one set of shared table spaces?
View as plain text
Hello Bruce,

On 5/14/2014 2:11 PM, Bruce Ferrell wrote:
> OK, put away the flamethrowers, I KNOW it's dumb.
>
> I've been asked for the upteenth time is this possible and if so under
> what conditions?
>
> So I pose the question to the community, is it? Under what conditions?
> Is it reliable or not?
>
> Are there authoritative references to support the answers?
>
> Inquiring minds want to know
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Bruce Ferrell

To provide confirmation that sharing files is a 'bad idea' between any
two running mysqld binaries, here are the instructions in the manual on
how to have two or more mysqld instances (which can be the same program
or two or more different versions of mysqld) running on your machine at
the same time. Consider a shared disk as being part of the same machine
as it's the files that really matter in your situation.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/multiple-servers.html

Really. I mean it. Don't do it.

--
Shawn Green